One can never have too many easy chicken dinner recipes.
I love chicken dinners because chicken is almost always on sale, and you can do just about anything with it.
This skillet chicken marsala recipe is an easy, one-skillet dinner recipe that’s ready in about 30 minutes. It is a quick, tasty weeknight dinner that’s delicious served over pasta.
Skillet Chicken Marsala Recipe
Easy one-skillet dinner recipe that's ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot 1 medium
- Italian parsley
- In a shallow dish stir together flour, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, turning to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until no longer pink, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, whisk together any remaining flour mixture, broth, and Marsala; set aside.
- Add mushrooms and shallot to now-empty skillet, and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add Marsala mixture.
- Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly, whisking regularly.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until incorporated.
- Serve sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.
Slightly adapted from BHG.