I love to collect easy dinner recipes.
This slow cooker beef barbacoa recipe is a super easy dinner recipe that’s packed with flavor.
The recipe isn’t very authentic, but it is really tasty. The meat gets incredibly tender during the long cooking time, and the sauce has a ton of flavor.
This beef barbacoa makes a great filling for tacos or burritos, and it’s a nice mix of sweet and spicy. You can adjust the heat by using more or less chile powder and hot sauce.
Also, if you’re crunched for time in the mornings, you can mix up the spice blend the night before to save yourself a few minutes.
More slow cooker recipes!
Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried crumbled rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (like Chipotle Tabasco Sauce)
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, rosemary, pepper, coriander, and chile powder.
- Rub spice mixture on both sides of roast. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add roast and brown on both sides.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Add water, bay leaves, and garlic to slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and hot sauce.
- Continue cooking for another hour on low.
- Shred beef in sauce.
Adapted from Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker.