This picture doesn’t do these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches justice. Seriously, they are so good! The beef is extremely tender and has awesome flavor from all of the seasonings. It kinda tastes like a zippier French dip.
I serve these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches on a sub or crusty roll. Since the beef is juicy, it helps to keep the bun from falling apart as you eat the sandwich.
Still, soggy buns aside, these sandwiches are awesome, and since the beef cooks in the crock pot, they’re also really easy to throw together in the morning (and they make your house smell amazing while they’re cooking).
This is also a great freezer meal that goes easily goes from freezer to crock pot to plate!
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 2 c . beef broth
- 1 c . water
- 1/2 tsp . ground black pepper
- 1 tsp . dried oregano
- 1 tsp . dried basil
- 1 tsp . onion salt
- 1 tsp . dried parsley
- 1 tsp . garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.7 oz. package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 2 1/2-3 lbs. boneless rump roast
- To cook right away, combine broth, water, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix in a medium saucepan.
- Stir well. Heat until the broth mixture just reaches a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour salad dressing mixture over the meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- At this point, shred meat with two forks.
- Return to the crockpot and let cook for 1 additional hour on low.
- To freeze, combine all of the ingredients in a freezer-safe bag or container. Do not cook; simply stir it all together. Freeze for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Add to slow cooker, and cook as directed above.
- Nutrition facts are estimates.
Adapted from allrecipes.com