I’ve been on a bit of a peach kick lately, and I have three peach recipes to share this week.
I love peach desserts, but I don’t use peaches very often in my dinner recipes.
So, I decided to make a version of Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Beef , keeping the same basic idea – meat slowly simmered in a fruity chipotle sauce – but changed it up a bit.
I ended up with a slow cooked, tender chicken covered in a sweet and spicy sauce.
It’s easy to throw together, and it’s a delicious way to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
You can also easily adjust the spiciness according to yours tastes.
This Slow Cooker Peach Chipotle Chicken recipe is has a little bit of kick to it, but it’s not very much.
If you’re looking for more heat, just add more chipotles and adobo.
For this recipe, I used…
Kate/i heart eating is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, she earns from qualifying purchases. This participation does not constitute an endoresement of this site by Amazon.
Slow Cooker Peach Chipotle Chicken
- 1 chile + 1 T. sauce for can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 c . thinly sliced peeled fresh peach
- 3/4 c . brown sugar
- 2 T . fresh lime juice
- 1 T . molasses
- 1 T . liquid smoke
- 3-4 lbs . boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- Add the chile, sauce, peaches, brown sugar, lime juice, molasses, and liquid smoke to a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Add chicken slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred meat with 2 forks, and return to sauce.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes.