I’m not much of a candy person, but I have a hard time turning down Snickers.
When I was a kid, my grandpa and I would share a Snickers bar when I would run errands with him.
I’m not sure whether it’s that having one brings back those memories or that I just really like them (probably a combination of the two), but it’s one of the one candy bars that I don’t pass up.
Snickers bars also make a great addition to chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are soft with slightly chewy edges. They have pieces of peanut, chocolate chips, and bites of candy.
There are two keys to successfully making these cookies. First, don’t over-bake the cookies.
They stay soft and a little chewy if you don’t over-bake them.
Second, add the pieces of candy after the cookies bake.
I’ve made them with the candy baked in, and they ended up melty, and it made the cookies flat and greasy.
They work out so much better when added to the hot cookies.
Snickers Cookie Recipe
- 3 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 3/4 tsp . salt
- 1/2 c . butter at cool room temperature
- 1/2 c . plain vegetable shortening
- 1 c . brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c . granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 T . vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 10 oz package SNICKERS baking bites or chopped SNICKER bar
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and shortening until well-combined.
- Add sugars, and beat for about 4-5 minutes on high, or until very well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; beat in for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and peanuts, and stir in.
- Cover, and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by medium scoops (1.5 tablespoons) onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from oven, and gently press SNICKERS pieces into cookies.
- Let cool on baking sheet.