Strawberry Crumble Muffins are moist strawberry buttermilk muffins topped with a sweet brown sugar pecan crumble.
My older daughter loves fruit. She could happily off of nothing but fruit if we let her.
She also loves all things breakfast – pancakes, waffles, French toast, and muffins. So, I made these Strawberry Crumble Muffins with her in mind.
The muffins themselves aren’t overly sweet, which is perfect with the brown sugar nut crumble topping.Since they don’t have a lot of oil in them, the buttermilk makes them nice and moist. They come together quickly and make a great spring breakfast!
More strawberry recipes!
Want to see just how easy it is to make these muffins? Check out my video!
If you’ve tried this strawberry crumble muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Strawberry Crumble Muffins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, vegetable oil, and egg until well-combined.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- To prepare the crumble topping, mix all of the ingredients together until well-combined.
- Sprinkle topping over muffin batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove, and serve muffins warm or at room temperature.