This post sponsored by Cambell’s and BlogHer. As always, all opinions are my own.
It’s really starting to feel like summer here! We’ve had beautiful weather here lately, and we have been spending more time outside. Since it’s getting warm, I’m so ready to grill and enjoy all of the great summer food.
I love how casual meals are during the summer! We grill a lot during the summer because it’s so easy. Since I work from home, the kids can get a bit of cabin fever during the day; as soon as I’m done with work, we head to the park for a while.
During the summer, we also eat a lot of salads – like this Teriyaki Chicken Salad- because they are so easy to make. They are light and fresh, which is great when it’s hot outside.
One of the things that I love about salads like this is how easy they are, which makes them perfect for weeknights any time of year. I already had most of the ingredients that I needed in my fridge, but I bought packages of shredded carrots and shredded cabbage to make things even easier and faster (they were the same price as buying the whole veggies, so why not!).
Meals like this are also great because they are so easy to customize. Everybody in my family likes to have different things on their salads. I just set out a larger bowl with the spinach, and then I put out little bowls with everything else.
That way, the kids can decide what they want (and what they don’t want). My kids aren’t terribly fond of salads if I give them a plate of salad, but if they can “decorate” it, then they will eat it. And that is a huge win in my book.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- 1 lb . boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 6 c . fresh spinach
- 1 c . shredded red cabbage
- 1 c . shredded carrot
- 1 c . shelled edamame
- 1 c . sugar snap peas
- 1 c . fresh pineapple chunks
- 15 oz can mandarin oranges , drained
- 10 oz package Campbell’s Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Sauce
- Grill chicken tenders until it reaches 165 F internal temperature.
- While the chicken is cooking, layer spinach, cabbage, carrot, edamame, peas, pineapple, and oranges.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, cut into strips.
- Toss chicken with Campbell's Grilled Teriyaki Sauce, and layer over rest of salad.