If I had to choose one food to eat every day for the rest of my life, it would be peanut butter. There’s no wrong time of day to enjoy peanut butter, and it’s great in both sweet and savory recipes – like this Thai Peanut Butter Hummus.
This recipe is Thai peanut sauce meets hummus. One of my goals for 2016 is to add more protein to my diet.
This hummus does that with a double dose of protein from the beans and peanut butter. It’s also a super tasty way to add some extra flavor to your usual veggies.
If you’re a peanut butter fan, you won’t want to miss out on this recipe!
Thai Peanut Butter Hummus Recipe
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter (I use the peanut butter that contains only salt and peanuts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- pita bread (veggies)
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Add beans to blender along with rest of ingredients except peanuts and cilantro.
- Blend until you reach desired consistency, adding more olive oil and/or lime juice if needed.
- Top with chopped peanuts, cilantro, sesame seeds, and additional olive oil if desired.
- Serve with fresh veggies like carrots and cucumber and/or pita bread.