Lemon Coconut Cookies
Soft lemon coconut cookie recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
Servings 22 cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted¹
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour²
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a large bowl, beat together granulated sugar, egg, and egg yolk until well-combined.
Add melted coconut oil and vanilla; stir well to combine.
Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
Stir in flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt; mix until just incorporated.
Add coconut, and stir until just combined.
Using a medium cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons), scoop dough.
Roll dough balls in powdered sugar, and then place dough balls on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until middle is set and edges are set. Centers should look soft and underdone.
- If the coconut oil is already melted, use 1/2 cup.
- Be sure to either weigh or properly measure the flour by sifting, lightly spooning into the measuring cup, and then leveling.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.6mg