Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Soft sour cream sugar cookies are so easy to make - no rolling or chilling necessary.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 30 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter at cool room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup butter at cool room temperature
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until well-combined.
Beat in egg yolks one at a time, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Mix in vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk until combined. Batter may look curdled at this point.
Add dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
Scoop dough using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoons), and drop onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
Bake for 10-13 minutes.
Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
To make the frosting, beat together butter, powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla, and salt.
Beat until well-combined, adding in additional milk as needed.
Frost cooled cookies with frosting.
- Make sure that the butter is at cool room temperature, not room temperature or melting. The butter should dent a little if poked but shouldn't be warm. If the butter is too warm, the cookies won't hold their shape and will end up flat.
- Nutrition facts are estimates.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 52mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.5mg