Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Chilling 1 hour
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter at cool room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter not natural
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips¹
In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter together.
Add sugars, and beat until well-combined.
Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
Stir in chopped nuts and mini chips, if using.
Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour, or until firm. Don't skip this step, or the cookies will bake out.
Toward the end of the chilling time, preheat oven to 350 F.
Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. I've slightly flattened the cookies and left them as-is, and it doesn't seem to make much difference.
Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and middles are set.
- Can sub regular-sized or jumbo chocolate chips or chunks.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 93mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2.6% | Calcium: 1.7% | Iron: 3.6%