Zucchini Spice Cake
Moist Zucchini Spice Cake Recipe. Check out the step-by-step photos and tips above the recipe.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 20 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk¹
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cup shredded zucchini2
- 3 cups all-purpose flour³ spooned and leveled
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg4
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat eggs.
Stir in vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla until well-combined.
Add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in until just combined. Batter will be thick.
Add shredded zucchini, and stir until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for about 25-40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove from oven, and let the cake cool in pan before frosting.
- Low-fat or full-fat ok.
- Don't squeeze out moisture. Just shred the zucchini and place it in a collander until ready to use.
- To properly measure the flour, sift or stir the flour. Then, lightly spoon into a measuring cup without packing and level off.
- Allspice can be subbed for the nutmeg.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.1mg