Lemon Garlic Chicken
Lemon garlic chicken is an easy one skillet chicken dinner recipe that's ready in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts halves1
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small shallot2 finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh thyme
Using a meat mallet, pound down the chicken breasts to ½-inch thickness.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add chicken, and cook until chicken reaches 165 F.
Remove chicken to a plate, and tent with foil to keep warm.
Whisk broth, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and shallots into now empty skillet, scraping up any browned bits.
Simmer sauce until it reduces down to about 1/2 cup, about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and cream.
Return chicken to pan, and spoon sauce over the chicken.
Sprinkle with fresh thyme just before serving.
- You'll want thin chicken breasts. If you can't find chicken breast halves, you can cut a larger chicken breast in half horizontally.
- If you can't find a shallot, substitute 1/4 cup finely diced red onion.
- Nutrition facts are estimates.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 178mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.3mg