Pasta salad that's full of pepperoni, cheese, and veggies
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 12 ounce box dry rotini pasta tri-color or regular
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 8 ounces cubed cheese*
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni sliced in half
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook pasta according to box directions for al dente pasta.
Rinse cooked pasta under cold water until pasta has cooled.
Toss pasta with remaining pasta salad items, and set aside.
Whisk together dressing.
Pour dressing over pasta salad, and toss to combine.
Chill well until ready to serve. The flavors improve as the pasta salad sits.
- I like to use cheddar or marble cheddar. Feel free to use a cheese that you like.
- There isn't a lot of dressing for the salad. If you prefer a heavily dressed salad, double the dressing portion.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 495IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 1.2mg