Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Sausage breakfast casserole recipe that can be made-ahead for an easy breakfast! Check out the tips and variations above the recipe card.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 30 ounce package frozen hash browns with onion and peppers thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
Add hash browns in an even layer in prepared baking dish.
Top with cooked sausage.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over sausage.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
Pour over cheese.
Bake 30-45 minutes.
Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and return to oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- To make overnight, prepare through step 7. Cover, and chill overnight. In the morning, set casserole out while you preheat the oven. Uncover, and bake as directed. You may find that you need to add an extra 5-10 minutes of baking time depending on how cold the casserole is.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 2.3mg