Puppy Chow Recipe
Puppy chow (muddy buddy) recipe. Check out the step-by-step photos and tips above the recipe.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips¹
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter²
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups Chex rice cereal³
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave for 40 seconds. The butter should be partially melted.
Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir in.
Return to microwave, and continue to microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring every 15 seconds, until chocolate is just melted.
Stir to completely combine.
Add vanilla, and stir in.
Add half of the cereal to a large bowl.
Pour half of the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the cereal, and carefully toss to coat cereal.
Add remaining half cereal to bowl, and pour remaining half chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the top.
Carefully toss to coat the cereal.
Add powdered sugar to a large, resealable plastic bag.
Working in batches, add cereal, seal bag, and then gently shake to coat cereal in powdered sugar.
Let cool to room temperature before storing.
- I use semisweet chocolate chips. You can use milk chocolate chips if you like sweeter puppy chow.
- I don't recommend natural peanut butter in this recipe.
- You can use corn Chex or a combination of corn and rice Chex.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 4.6mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 7.3mg