Chewy oatmeal cookies packed with pecans, coconut, and chocolate chunks. Check out the step-by-step photos and tips above the recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
Servings 36 cookies
- 12 tablespoons butter melted¹
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour²
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt³
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate⁴ chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Add the melted butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until well-combined.
Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until well-combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in until just combined.
Whisk in the oats just until incorporated.
Add the baking chocolate, pecans, and coconut, and whisk in until combined.
Drop by 1.5 tablespoon scoops (medium cookie scoops) 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake 8-14 minutes. The cookies should be light golden brown at the edges but look underdone in the middle. This will help to keep them soft and chewy.⁵
- I recommend melting the butter most of the way and then whisking to finish melting the butter. It takes about 40 seconds in my microwave.
- Be sure to either weigh or sift or stir the flour, lightly spoon into the measuring cup, and then level to avoid packing in the flour.
- Or 1/4 teaspoon table salt.
- Or 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Overbaking the cookies will give you a crunchier cookie.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg