Lofthouse Cookie Copycat Recipe
Soft sugar cookies topped with frosting and sprinkles
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 16 cookies
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cool butter¹
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt²
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream cold
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract³
- 2 2/3 cups cake flour
To make the frosting, combine, powdered sugar, salt, cream, and vanilla in a bowl.
Beat on low to until just combined.
Increase to medium and beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
Beat butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt on low 30 seconds.
Increase to medium and beat for 5 more minutes.
Add egg whites, cream, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
Add cake flour, and stir in just until incorporated.
Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a plain (round) 1/2 inch tip.
Pipe out 1-1/4 oz portions (about 3 tablespoons) onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 3 inches in between.
Bake about 12-15 minutes, or until pale and puffed.
Cool to room tempearature.
Spread frosting over cooled cookies.
Store leftover cookies in the fridge.
- The butter should be in between straight-from-the-fridge and room temperature, about 60F.
- Or 1/2 teaspoon table salt.
- If you'd like them to taste more like the originals, reduce vanilla to 1 teaspoon.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 35mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.2mg