Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy chicken noodle soup recipe.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups peeled and diced carrot
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary1
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken stock2
- 1 ½ pounds Perdue Farms boneless skinless chicken breast3 trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 ounces dry wide egg noodles
- Salt and pepper
Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
Add olive oil to Dutch oven.
Stir in onion, celery, and carrot. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add garlic and herbs. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Stir in the chicken and cook just until it's lightly browned on the outside.
Add the chicken stock and bay leaves.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken breast is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Stir in egg noodles and cook according to package directions for al dente noodles.
Remove bay leaves before serving.
- If using fresh herbs, use 1 tablespoon each chopped herb.
- Or chicken broth
- I like to use Perdue Farms boneless skinless chicken breast or boneless, skinless chicken thighs. If you prefer to use leftover roast chicken, add cooked chicken along with noodles.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5528IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg