Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe - no mixer, no chilling necessary. Also, check out the video just above the recipe!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter
- 1/2 cup (99 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (54 g) brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups (210 g) all-purpose flour¹
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (170 g) semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds. Butter should be completely melted but shouldn't be hot.
In a large bowl, mix butter with the sugars until well-combined.
Stir in vanilla and egg until incorporated.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Please read the recipe note about properly measuring flour.
Mix dough until just combined. Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough (medium cookie scoop) and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little underbaked in the middle.²
- Be sure to fluff and then scoop and sweep to measure the flour. Too much flour will result in a dry or crumbly cookie.
- Don't over-bake the cookies, or you won't end up with soft cookies. Several people have said that they've needed to bake the cookies for longer. Since oven temps can vary, I suggest starting with the listed baking time and increasing the time as needed.
- Nutrition facts are estimates.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 57mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2.6% | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 5.3%