Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins
Maple brown sugar oatmeal muffin recipe. Check out the step-by-step photos above the recipe.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk¹
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oil²
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar³ packed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt⁴
- Sparkling or raw sugar optional
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Combine the oats and milk in a large bowl.
Add the maple syrup, oil, brown sugar, and eggs. Mix until combined.
Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt just until combined. The batter will be wet.
Dvide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.
Sprinkle sugar over batter, if using.
Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Anything from skim to whole milk will work. Non-dairy milks such as almond milk will also work.
- Any neutral oil such as canola oil will work.
- If you prefer muffins that aren't as sweet, reduce the brown sugar to 1/3-1/2 cup.
- Or 1/4 teaspoon table salt.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1.6mg