Hearty cookies that make a great on-the-go breakfast.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 36 minutes
Servings 22 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter1
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar2 packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk3
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour4
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup dry milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries5
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together on high speed until well-combined.
Mix in the eggs and milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add the flours, dried milk, cinnamon, and salt. Mix just until the dough comes together.
Stir in the oats, cranberries, chocolate chips, and nuts just until incorporated.
Scoop 1/4 cups of batter and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Slightly flatten the scoops of dough. The don't won't spread much as it bakes.
Bake for 16-22 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Do not overbake the cookies or they will be dry.
- Just regular peanut butter. I don't recommend using natural peanut butter in this recipe.
- The cookies aren't very sweet. If you want a sweeter cookie, increase the sugar to 1 and 1/2 cups.
- Any milk from skim to whole milk will work.
- Be sure to properly measure thhe flours. Stir or sift the flour to break it up. Then lightly spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level off.
- The cranberries, chocolate chips, and nuts can all be substituted with other mix-ins such as coconut, white chocolate chips, other types of dried fruit, and other chopped nuts.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 203IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg