Soft and fluffy pumpkin pancake recipe.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 12 pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk 1
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup oil ²
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour ³
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice 4
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vanilla until well-combined.
Add flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk just until incorporated. Don't overmix.
Let batter rest for about 5 minutes.
Heat a griddle or skillet and grease with butter.
Scoop 1/3 cup batter and pour into the griddle.
The pancakes are ready to flip when the edges look dry and set and bubbles form and begin to pop, 1-3 minutes.
Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown and completely cooked through, 1-3 more minutes.
- Regular or low-fat
- Oils such as vegetable, canola, olive, or melted coconut oil will work. If using melted coconut oil, be sure to have your buttermilk and eggs at room temperature.
- Be sure to properly measure the flour by stirring it to break it up, lightly spooning it into the measuring cup, and then leveling it off.
- If you stronger spice, use 1.5-2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4077IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg