Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Moist chocolate chocolate chip muffin recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
Servings 20 muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk¹
- 1/4 cup sour cream²
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour³ spooned and leveled
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 425F. Line or grease 20 standard-sized muffin tin cups. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream, and vanilla together until combined.
Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips; stir until just combined.
Fill the muffin batter into the prepared liners until almost full.
Bake at 425F for 5 minutes.
Without removing the muffins, lower the temperature to 350F and continue baking additional 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Remove from the muffin tin and let cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- Full-fat or low-fat ok
- Full-fat or reduced-fat ok. I don't recommend using fat-free sour cream.
- It's important to properly measure the flour and cocoa powder to avoid dry, heavy muffins. Sift or stir the flour/cocoa powder, lightly spoon into the measuring cup, and level.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.5mg