I didn’t plan on doing two sandwich cookie posts in a row, but I was so excited about these Hot Chocolate Cookies that I just couldn’t wait to share them.
They taste like a mug of hot cocoa in cookie-form. The cookies are rich and chocolaty and full of mini marshmallow bits and melty chocolate.
If you want to stop there, you’ll have fantastic cookies.
But one of my favorite things about hot chocolate are all of chocolate and having way too many marshmallows with it.
So, I like to sandwich some toasted marshmallow and melty chocolate in between the cookies. They’re over-the-top in the most delicious way!
More chocolate cookie recipes!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or scant 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2-4 ounce semisweet baking chocolate bars roughly chopped
- 1 cup marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add sugars to a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugars.
- Stir to combine butter and sugars. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and marshmallow bits.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes to give the ingredients a chance to meld.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.