I’ve mentioned that lately my family has been very busy. Between work, the kids’ activities, preparing for a new baby, and all of the other day-to-day life activities, we just don’t have a lot of free time. It’s really easy to just grab some food on the way to an activity, but the cost for that adds up quickly.
So, I’ve been focusing more on fast, easy meals – like these Baked Chicken Cheesesteak Dippers – to help with the meal-time rush. These dippers have a crisp, tortilla shell filled with tender, shredded chicken, diced onions and green peppers, and plenty of gooey, melted provolone cheese. So, they have all of the flavors of a chicken cheesesteak in a convenient, mess-free little package.
One of the things that I love about these Baked Chicken Cheesesteak Dippers (aside from how yummy they are), is how easy they are to make. In order to help make meals like this even faster, I make up a batch of shredded chicken to use in my recipes throughout the week. When I have a few extra minutes, I just boil the chicken breasts. Then, I shred them with two forks once they’re cool enough to handle, and I portion them into baggies. With the chicken cooked and shredded, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, including the baking time.
This is an ideal recipe because these dippers can be an appetizer, a quick lunch, an afternoon snack, or an easy dinner. With a new baby due soon and a busy family, I’m always looking for quick meal suggestions. So, what tips do you have for making meals faster and easier?
Baked Chicken Cheesesteak Dippers
- 1 T . olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper , seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 c . finely diced white or yellow onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ lbs . Tyson® Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts , cooked and shredded
- 4 oz . provolone cheese , shredded
- About 13 small (fajita-sized) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 415 F. Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, warm olive oil.
- Add diced pepper and onion, and cook until veggies are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Lay tortillas out flat.
- Add about 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of filling to the outer third of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Tuck the top and bottom in, and roll tortilla up.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly mist tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26. Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!