It’s that time of year! Time for barbecues and picnics and all sorts of outdoor fun and food – food like potato salad. After all, there are few foods that seem more summery than potato salad.
Instead of a traditional mayo-based potato salad, though, I wanted to make something that was lighter but still had lots of flavor.
So, I made a light ranch dressing and used just enough cheese and bacon to give the potato salad some great flavor without making it too heavy.
More Side Dish Recipes!
If you’ve tried this bacon cheddar ranch potato salad recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Bacon, Cheddar, Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 ½ lbs . russet potatoes
- 1/2 c . low-fat buttermilk or fat-free sour milk
- 1/4 c . low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 c . plain (non-fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 ½ T . dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp . honey mustard
- 1/2 c . chopped celery
- 2-3 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/4 c . shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring potatoes and cold water to a boil.
- Continue to boil until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, and return to warm pot. Let potatoes cool to room temperature in pot.
- While the potatoes are cooling, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, yogurt, seasoning mix, and honey mustard in a large bowl.
- Chop cooled potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss potatoes and celery with ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.