Best black bean salad recipe! This simple black bean corn salad recipe is naturally vegan and makes a healthy side dish or light dinner.It’s that time of year! It’s time for barbecues and pot lucks and salads. All sorts of salads – pasta salads, green salads, fruit salads, and more!
And salads dn’t get any easier than this Black Bean Salad. It only takes about 20 minutes to put together, and it’s great alongside grilled chicken or in a wrap for an easy lunch or dinner.
No matter how you serve it, this Black Bean Salad is great!
How To Make Black Bean Salad
Remove the kernals from the ear of corn. I just cut them straight into the bowl.
Add the black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Stir to combine with the corn.
In a separate small bowl, stir together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the veggies, and toss to combine.
Serve at room temperature, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Recipes That Go Well With Black Bean Salad
How Long Will Black Bean Salad Keep?
The salad will keep for up to 4 days when stored covered in the fridge. The vegetables will continue to soften over time, so if you like your veggies crunchy, plan to eat it sooner rather than later.
Tips For Making Black Bean Salad
- In a pinch, you can use canned corn in place of the fresh corn.
- Any color of bell pepper will work in this recipe.
- Avocado is a great addition to this salad. If using avocado, add diced avocado just before serving.
- This salad makes a great filling for wraps. Serve it as-is, with leftover grilled chicken, or with cheese such as queso fresco.
- Black bean salad can be made as soon as it’s made, or it can be made ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. If refrigerated, I recommend setting it out about 15 minutes before serving to let it come up a bit in temperature.
More Salad Recipes!
If you’ve tried this black bean recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Black Bean Salad
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 red or green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder1
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- Remove kernals from ear of corn.
- Add kernals to bowl with black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Serve at room temperature or chill until ready to serve.
- If chilling, remove from fridge about 30 minutes before serving to take the chill off.
- Can use regular chili powder.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Published 5/27/15. Updated 7/15/19.