Southwestern Layered Salad is an hearty layered dinner salad that's packed with delicious southwestern flavors. This post was originally published on 12/31/12. It's such a family favorite that I've decided to re-share it again.
I'm embarrassed to admit that the first time my mom made this Southwestern Layered Salad that I didn't want to try it. It took a long (long!) time for me to like salads, and I thought it just sounded ... not so exciting.
Well, I'm happy to admit that I was so wrong. This salad is delicious! Everything comes together to make it a hearty, flavorful salad.
This southwestern layered salad is also really easy to make. If I don't have leftover bacon (and I almost never do), I just chop everything up while the bacon is cooking, and then it's all ready to put together. So, it's a quick, easy dinner.
It's also one of the only salads that my kids will happily eat. Not only do they eat it, but they ask for seconds or thirds, which is pretty amazing.
More salad recipes!
- Waldorf Salad California Pizza Kitchen Copycat
- Black Bean Southwest Salad
If you’ve tried this Southwestern layered salad recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Southwestern Layered Salad
- 15 ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped, divided)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 14 ounce can corn (drained)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (seeded and diced)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- ¼ cup regular or fat-free Italian dressing
- In a small bowl, stir together black beans, salsa, and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- In a glass dish, in this order, layer black bean mixture, lettuce, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, cheese, bacon, and avocado.
- Drizzle dressing over the top.
- Serve immediately, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro just before serving.