Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a moist chocolate zucchini bread recipe that's full of chocolate chunks and nuts. Great breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Every summer, I wish that I had a garden overflowing with zucchini. I love zucchini in all sorts of recipes, and I look forward to making zucchini bread every year.
I also use zucchini to make muffins, frittatas, and zoodles. I wish that I had the space to grow a big patch of it!
Instead, I settle for loading up on zucchini when it's on sale to make treats like this Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
This bread is a new family favorite. It's moist and has a delicious chocolate crust.
It's also full of chocolate chunks and chopped nuts for plenty of extra flavor.
Even though I grated the zucchini on the larger holes of the box grater, my kids didn't notice any zucchini in the bread.
They were too busy gobbling this bread up!
How to make chocolate zucchini bread
This is a really easy chocolate zucchini bread recipe. You just whisk the wet ingredients together, add in the dry ingredients, and then add the zucchini, chocolate chunks, and nuts. Easy peasy!
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Sure! Milk chocolate chunks will give you a sweeter bread and bittersweet chocolate chunks will give you a less sweet loaf.
Can I leave the nuts out?
Absolutely! If you don't like nuts, you can either leave them out, or you can add in more chocolate chunks.
More zucchini bread recipes!
If you’ve tried this chocolate zucchini bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup buttermilk (low-fat ok)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini grated (squeezed then measured)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, buttermilk, and granulated sugar until well-combined.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Add the zucchini, and whisk until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until just combined.
- Whisk in the chocolate chunks and chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.