I’ve loved muffins for as long as I can remember.
Healthy or cakey – I love them all.
These Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins fall under the cakey category. The muffin batter tastes a lot like a butter cupcake, and it pairs beautifully with the sweet/tart blueberries.
My favorite part of these muffins, though, is the crunchy sugar crust that forms as the muffins bake. That crunch adds the perfect bit of texture, and it makes the muffins extra delicious.
More muffin recipes!
If you’ve tried this bakery style blueberry muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-2 tablespoons raw or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Be sure to grease the entire muffin tin as tops will rise out of the cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well-combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add milk, and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, toss together blueberries and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, and sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake 22-30 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.