Best morning glory muffins! This easy morning glory muffin recipe makes moist muffins that are packed with fruits, veggies, and more!
Muffins are one of my favorite foods! And morning glory muffins are especially delicious muffins.
They are super moist thanks to the buttermilk and all of the fruit and veggie add-ins (check out my carrot zucchini muffins if you’re looking for more veggie muffins).
These muffins are also delicious! They taste like an amped up version of carrot cake crossed with apple spice cake. So, they’re a tasty treat that makes a great on-the-go breakfast.
How to make morning glory muffins
Begin by mixing the raisins, carrots, apple, coconut, and nuts together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, whisk oil, eggs, and vanilla together. Whisk in buttermilk until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and whisk until combined.
Stir in the raisin mixture just until incorporated.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tin cups. Sprinkle some coarse sugar over the top of the muffin batter, if desired.
- Raisins – Golden raisins, dark raisins, and even dried cranberries all work well.
- Apple – Granny Smith is a great choice as the tart apple works well in these muffins. However, any baking apple will work.
- Coconut – Unsweetened coconut can be used for a less sweet muffin.
- Oil – Canola oil, vegetable oil, olive oil, or other similar oils can be used. Coconut oil is great and makes for a fluffier muffin.
- Buttermilk – Regular or low-fat buttermilk can be used. For dairy-free muffins, substitute soured non-dairy milk.
More muffin recipes!
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Bread Muffins
If you’ve tried this morning glory muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Morning Glory Muffins
- 1/2 cup raisins¹
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup peeled and grated Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup oil²
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk³
- 1 cup finely milled whole-wheat flour⁴
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line it with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the raisins, carrots, apples, coconut, and nuts. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk oil, eggs, and vanilla together until combined.
- Whisk in buttermilk until combined.
- Add flours, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Whisk in just until incorporated.
- Stir in raisin mixture.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 23-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Golden or regular. Can also use part raisins, part dried cranberries.
- Oils like canola or melted coconut work well in this recipe.
- Regular or low-fat ok.
- Be sure to measure the flours properly to avoid adding extra flour. Aerate or sift the flours, spoon, and then level.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
This is probably the best recipe for muffins! :) Thank you for sharing it.
Thank you! Glad you liked the muffins. =)
Morning glory muffins are my favorite muffins, and this was a lovely recipe.
Thank you! I’m glad you liked the muffins. =) Thanks for commenting!
Linda Leone says
Can’t wait to try these … Morning Glory muffins are my favorite!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy the muffins! =)