Finding a dinner recipe that all three of my kids like can be difficult.
We’ve hit a sweet spot where my kids are all good eaters, but they all have different tastes. These Baked Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches, though, were a hit with everyone.
The flavors were inspired by Hawaiian barbecue chicken pizza, and the sandwiches are a mix of tangy barbecue sauce, sweet pineapple, and tender shredded chicken.
Not only were these sandwiches a hit, but they’re also really fast and easy to make. I pair these sandwiches with an simple salad for a quick dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Make your own
If you’ve tried this baked Hawaiian barbecue chicken sandwich recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Baked Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls*
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and pineapple.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally.
- Spread chicken mixture on the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top with sliced red onion and cheddar cheese.
- Replace top half of rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and sandwiches are hot.
- Serve warm.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!