Peach Cake is a buttery cake topped with peaches slices and cinnamon sugar. This simple cake takes just minutes to make.
One of my favorite cakes that my mom makes is a dried apricot cake. It’s a butter cake that’s studded with dried apricots and topped with cinnamon and sugar.
The cake is simple but delicious.
So, when I saw all of the awesome fresh peaches at the store, I knew that I wanted to make a fresh peach cake that’s a version of the apricot cake.
I swapped out the dried apricots for fresh peaches and added some pecans on top for a little crunch. And since I was doing some swapping, I figured I’d lighten the cake up because, hey, it’s summer, and that just seemed like the thing to do.
How To Make Peach Cake
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, yogurt, and sugar together until well-combined (1).
Mix in the egg whites, vanilla extract, and almond extract until combined (2).
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Begin mixing on low speed (3).
Stream in the milk, and mix until just combined (4).
Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan, and top with fresh peach slices (5).
Sprinkle pecans over peach slices (6).
Top peach slices with cinnamon sugar (7). Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips To Make Perfect Peach Cake
- You can use nonfat, 2%, or whole milk Greek yogurt in this cake. You could also use regular (not fat-free) sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt.
- If you want to omit the nuts, you can. You can also use additional vanilla extract in place of the almond extract.
- Anything from skim to whole milk will work in this recipe.
- There’s no need to peel the peaches before slicing. Since the peaches are thinly sliced, the skin isn’t noticable.
More Peach Dessert Recipes!
If you’ve tried this peach cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Fresh Peach Cake
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt1 at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs whites from large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract2
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk3
- 1 ½ cup thinly sliced peaches4
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a deep 8-inch round (8x3) cake pan. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together butter, yogurt, and granulated sugar until well-combined.
- Mix in egg whites, vanilla extract, and almond extract until well-combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Begin mixing on low speed.
- Stream in milk, and continue mixing just until batter is combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Arrange peach slices over batter.
- Sprinkle pecans over peaches.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over peaches and top of cake.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Can use 2% or whole milk Greek yogurt.
- Or an additional 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Can use anything from skim to whole milk.
- No need to peel the peach.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 6/26/13. Updated 7/16/19.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!