Fresh Peach Cake is a buttery cake topped with fresh peaches and pecans. A few tricks keep it on the lighter side without sacrificing any flavor.
One of my favorite cakes that my mom makes is a dried apricot cake.
It’s a butter cake that’s studded with dried apricots and topped with cinnamon and sugar.
The cake is simple but delicious.
So, when I saw all of the awesome fresh peaches at the store, I knew that I wanted to make a fresh peach cake that’s a version of the apricot cake.
I swapped out the dried apricots for fresh peaches and added some pecans on top for a little crunch.
And since I was doing some swapping, I figured I’d lighten the cake up because, hey, it’s summer, and that just seemed like the thing to do.
More peach recipes!
If you’ve tried this peach cake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Fresh Peach Cake
- 1/4 c . butter at room temperature
- 1/4 c . plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c . granulated sugar divided
- 2 eggs whites from large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp . almond extract
- 1 ½ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp . baking powder
- 1/8 tsp . salt
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 ½ c . thinly sliced peaches
- 1/2 c . chopped pecans
- 2 T . granulated sugar
- 1 tsp . cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a deep 8-inch round (8x3) cake pan. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together butter, yogurt, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg whites, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Begin mixing on low speed.
- Stream in milk, and continue mixing just until batter is combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Arrange peach slices over batter.
- Sprinkle pecans over peaches.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over peaches and top of cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.