Easy peach crumble recipe! This simple peach crumble has a juicy peach filling topped with a buttery brown sugar crumble topping.
Fresh peaches don't need much embellishment to be a great dessert.
This Peach Crumble is a simple dessert that's homey and comforting and really lets the peaches shine.
It has a juicy, bubbly peach filling topped with a buttery brown sugar crumble.
It's great as-is, and it's also fantastic topped with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
What is peach crumble?
Peach crumble has a juicy peach filling topped with a buttery brown sugar topping.
It's similar to a peach crisp except that crisps have oats in the topping.
How to make peach crumble
Add the sliced peaches, lemon juice, flour, and sugar to a bowl.
Toss to combine.
Pour the peaches into the baking dish.
To make the crumble, whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Whisk in the melted butter to make a dough.
You can either drop the dough as-is or press it together to form larger crumbles.
Bake until the peaches are bubbly and juicy.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar in the filling based on your tastes and how ripe the peaches are.
- If you have very ripe peaches and don't like very sweet desserts, you even can omit the sugar in the filling.
- I slice the peaches between ¼-inch and ½-inch thick. This allows them to cook down without turning to mush as they bake.
- If you like larger crumbles, press the topping to form larger sized pieces.
What to serve with this dish
It can be served
- with sweetened whipped cream or
- with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How long will this keep?
This crumble will keep for 2-3 days.
However, it's best eaten the day that it's made.
More peach recipes!
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
- 7 cups peeled sliced peaches
- ¼ cup granulated sugar1
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, toss together peaches, sugar, flour, and lemon juice.
- Pour peaches into a 7x11-inch (or similar sized) baking dish
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in butter to form a dough.
- Drop pieces of dough over the peached.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes, or until peaches are hot and bubbly.
- You can use more or less sugar depending on how ripe your peaches are.
- Nutrition values are estimates.