Herb Roasted Chicken recipe makes an easy, flavorful dinner with just 5 minutes of hands-on prep. It’s also naturally gluten free and paleo!I love (love, love!) simple, easy dinners. We have so much going on, and there are a lot of nights when I need to dinner to be as easy as possible.
This Herb Roasted Chicken is just that sort of dinner! It only takes about 5-10 minutes of hands-on prep to get this chicken into the oven. Then, it’s set-it-and-forget-it (please don’t really forget it, though).
The chicken comes out nice and moist with a crisp, flavorful skin. If you’re looking for a simple, good-for-you dish, it’s hard to beat this Herb Roast Chicken!
How To Make Herb Roasted Chicken
Place an oven-safe wire baking rack inside of a roasting pan. Rub chicken with olive oil.
Lay the chicken on the baking rack and sprinkle the chicken with kosher salt and pepper.
Rub the paprika and garlic powder onto the chicken. Remove the stems from the thyme and rosemary.
Chop the thyme, rosemary, and sage. Rub the chopped herbs onto the chicken.
Bake until the chicken is golden brown. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should register 165 F. Transfer to a platter to serve.
Which Herbs Go Well With Chicken?
This roasted chicken uses a combination of rosemary, thyme, and sage. This trio is often sold together as “poultry herbs”.
Recipes That Go Well With This Chicken
If you’ve tried this herb roasted chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 3-4 pounds chicken quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1
- 15 sprigs thyme2
- 15 sprigs rosemary
- 5 sprigs sage
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place an oven-safe baking rack inside of a roasting pan.
- Rub chicken with olive oil.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Combine paprika and garlic powder; rub onto chicken.
- Finely chop herbs.
- Rub chopped herbs onto chicken.
- Bake chicken for about 35-45 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165F.
- Transfer chicken to platter, and let rest about 10 minutes before serving.
- NOT garlic salt
- Strip the leaves from the sprigs of rosemary and thyme before chopping.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally posted 5/13/16. Updated with new photos and tips 9/13/19.