I love (love, love!) simple, easy dinners. We have so much going on, and there are a lot of nights when I need to dinner to be as easy as possible. This Herb Roasted Chicken is just that sort of dinner! It only takes about 5-10 minutes of hands-on prep to get this chicken into the oven. Then, it’s set-it-and-forget-it (please don’t really forget it, though). The chicken comes out nice and moist with a crisp, flavorful skin. If you’re looking for a simple, good-for-you dish, it’s hard to beat this Herb Roast Chicken!
Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 3-4 lbs . chicken quarters
- 1 T . olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tsp . smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp . garlic powder NOT garlic salt
- 15 sprigs thyme
- 15 sprigs rosemary
- 5 sprigs sage
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a wire cooling rack inside a roasting pan.
- Rub chicken with olive oil.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Combine paprika and garlic powder; rub onto chicken.
- Finely chop herbs.
- Rub chopped herbs onto chicken.
- Bake chicken for about 35-45 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165F.
- Transfer chicken to platter, and let rest about 10 minutes before serving.