Tender, juicy Baked Lemon Honey Mustard Chicken is an easy, inexpensive dinner that’s packed with flavor and can be made ahead of time!
When it comes to getting dinner on the table, one of my biggest challenges is getting up the energy to make something after working, taking care of the kids, running errands, and doing whatever else needed to be done that day.
That’s why I love prep ahead meals like this Baked Lemon Honey Mustard Chicken recipe. It only takes about couple minutes to prep the chicken, and then it just chills until you’re ready to bake it.
So, even though there’s longer baking time, it only takes about 5 minutes of hands-on prep, which is perfect for busy week nights.
And….most importantly, this baked lemon honey mustard chicken tastes great! It’s tender and juicy and so full of flavor! Using bone-in chicken thighs also makes this dish very inexpensive. So, it’s a total win-win meal!
More easy chicken dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this baked lemon honey mustard chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Baked Lemon Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 7-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons . honey
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, fresh lemon juice, rosemary, and salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken thighs, and turn to coat.
- Chill for 1-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease an oven-safe skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet, skin side down. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn skin side up, and continue baking for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken from oven, and brush with marinade.
- Slice lemon, and place a slice over each chicken thigh.
- Turn oven to broil, and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Adapted from Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys (affiliate link).
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!