Tender, juicy Baked Lemon Honey Mustard Chicken is an easy, inexpensive dinner that’s packed with flavor and can be made ahead of time!
When it comes to getting dinner on the table, one of my biggest challenges is getting up the energy to make something after working, taking care of the kids, running errands, and doing whatever else needed to be done that day.
That’s why I love prep ahead meals like this Baked Lemon Honey Mustard Chicken recipe. It only takes about couple minutes to prep the chicken, and then it just chills until you’re ready to bake it.
So, even though there’s longer baking time, it only takes about 5 minutes of hands-on prep, which is perfect for busy week nights.
And….most importantly, this baked lemon honey mustard chicken tastes great! It’s tender and juicy and so full of flavor! Using bone-in chicken thighs also makes this dish very inexpensive. So, it’s a total win-win meal!
More easy chicken dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this baked lemon honey mustard chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Baked Lemon Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Juicy lemon honey mustard chicken that can be prepped ahead of time
- 7-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons . honey
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, fresh lemon juice, rosemary, and salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken thighs, and turn to coat.
- Chill for 1-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease an oven-safe skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet, skin side down. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn skin side up, and continue baking for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken from oven, and brush with marinade.
- Slice lemon, and place a slice over each chicken thigh.
- Turn oven to broil, and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
*I serve this along with veggies and quinoa or rice and spoon the pan sauce over the quinoa/rice.
**Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition facts per serving (1g)
Adapted from Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys (affiliate link).