Skillet chicken parmesan recipe is an easy dinner recipe that's ready in less than 30 minutes. This is a lighter, healthier chicken parmesan recipe.
Chicken parmesan is one of my favorite chicken dinners. I love the combination of the sauce and cheese with the chicken.
I've always preferred my chicken parm baked, not fried. I don't like the chicken to be too crispy, and it's also a little healthier when it's baked.
How to make chicken parmesan without breadcrumbs
This skillet chicken parmesan recipe gets rid of the crispy breadcrumb coating. Instead, a light coating of flour is used to help with the browning.
This makes the recipe lighter, faster, and easier.
The resulting chicken parmesan still has all of the saucy, cheesy goodness, but it can be made in less than 30 minutes. All of which makes it a lighter, easier weeknight dinner that's still super tasty!
What to serve with chicken parmesan
This chicken parmesan is delicious served over pasta. I like to serve a green salad and garlic knots alongside the chicken.
More skillet chicken recipes!
More chicken parmesan recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread
If you’ve tried this skillet chicken parmesan recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (in 4 slices)
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Place flour, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Coat each side of chicken breasts in flour mixture.
- Add chicken to skillet, and brown chicken on one side.
- Turn chicken and brown on the other side. The chicken doesn't need to be cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and place on a plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon oil to now-empty skillet.
- Place tomatoes in skillet, and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook tomatoes until just beginning to wilt.
- Stir garlic into skillet.
- Return chicken to skillet, and top with sauce.
- Place 1 slice of cheese over each piece of chicken.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with sauce and top with basil just before serving.