I don’t like overly crunchy chicken parmesan. I prefer my chicken parm to have a little crunch but mostly be saucy, cheesy chicken.
So, I thought that chicken parmesan in a slow cooker could be a good fit.
With this slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe, you end up with a very moist chicken breast, smothered in sauce and cheese, and covered with a bit of crunch topping.
All of which is my idea of delicious chicken parmesan.
This chicken would also be great served as sandwich instead of with a side of pasta.
More slow cooker dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, seasonings, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker; mix well.
- Place chicken breasts in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and stir sauce.
- Top chicken breasts with sauce and cheeses.
- In a small pan, heat the oil over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs, and cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes, or until toasted.
- Serve chicken topped with toasted breadcrumbs.