Crock Pot Mexican Chicken is an easy, healthy crock pot chicken meal that turns chicken breast into a yummy slow cooker dinner.
We are seriously missing the local fresh Mex restaurant in our last town. So, we’ve been having some major burrito withdrawals, which meant that I had to take matters into my own hands to curb our cravings.
This crock pot Mexican chicken has become a staple in my house. Other bonuses of this recipe – it’s inexpensive and healthy.
How to make crock pot Mexican chicken
This is a super simple recipe!
Just mix all of the ingredients except for the chicken together in the slow cooker insert.
Add the chicken breast on top, and then cover and cook!
How to serve
This chicken is great for an easy weeknight dinner or for meal prep!
I usually serve it over rice topped with additional fresh cilantro, pico de gallo, and guac for an easy burrito bowl.
It also makes a good filling for soft tacos, burritos, or topping for tostadas.
More crock pot chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this Crock Pot Mexican chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (like Rotel)
- 15 ounce can pinto beans or black beans drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can corn drained
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, cilantro, broth, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chile powder, salt, and pepper in a crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top of bean mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- About half an hour or so before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker, and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
Adapted from skinnytaste.com
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!