Light and moist oatmeal pancakes are the perfect healthy pancake recipe! This easy blender pancake recipe takes just minutes to make.
Originally published 7/30/12. Last updated 4/18/19.
My two year-old son has been on a pancake kick lately.
That's about all he'll eat.
So, I wanted to make some pancakes that that had a little extra nutritional oopmh.
He LOVED them!
How to make oatmeal pancakes
Begin by processing the oats into a fine flour.
Add the remaining ingredients, and process until smooth and combined.
Cook according to desired method.
Can I use...
- Whole wheat flour? Yes, you can sub whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour.
- Brown sugar? Yes, you can use brown sugar in place of the granulated sugar.
- Homemade buttermilk substitute? You can. There's a link to a DIY buttermilk recipe in the recipe below.
- A different type of oil? You can.
How to freeze pancakes
If you have extras, these oatmeal pancakes freeze really well.
Just let them come to room temperature and put them in a single layer in a freezer bag.
If you need to do two (or more) layers, just separate the pancake layers with some parchment or wax paper.
More pancake recipes!
- Sour Cream Pancakes
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- Vanilla Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas
If you’ve tried this oatmeal pancake recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
- Add oats to a food processor or blender.
- Process until oats are ground and form a flour.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, vanilla, oil, and egg.
- Process until smooth.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Grease the griddle with butter.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop, portion out scoops of batter.
- Cook until pancakes look dry at the edges and bubbles pop.
- Continue cooking until cooked through.