We love pancakes around our house because pancakes are kind of magical. Even when I can’t get my son to eat anything else, I know I can always get him to pancakes. If I would let him, my son would have them every morning for breakfast.
So, I’ve tried out all sorts of pancake recipes, but sometimes we just want some good ol’ buttermilk pancakes.
This buttermilk pancake recipes makes pancakes that are light and tender and tangy, so they’re pretty much the perfect, classic pancakes.
You may also like…
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups buttermilk low-fat ok
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter, oil, or nonstick cooking spray
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk and eggs.
- Stir in melted butter and vanilla until combined.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; pour in wet ingredients, and gently stir until just combined (batter may still be a bit lumpy). Do not overmix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Grease the skillet using butter, oil, or nonstick cooking spray.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion batter into pan in 4 places.
- Cook until edges are set, first side is golden brown, and bubbles on surface are just beginning to break, 2-3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 1-2 minutes longer.