My two year-old loves pancakes.
They’re one of the only foods that I can count on him eating.
Sometimes it’s hard to get as much fruit into his (and my) diet as I’d like.
So, I try to find ways to add extra fruit and veggies in when I can.
This Peach Syrup is an easy way to top pancakes or waffles with sweet, syrupy fruit. You may need to adjust the amount of sugar you use depending on your tastes and how ripe the peaches are.
Also, if you puree the syrup, it’s more like a thin jam, and if you leave it, it’s like a thicker syrup with chunks of peach.
Pancakes that go well with this syrup!
- 6 very ripe peaches (sliced)
- 1/2-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place peach slices in a sauce pot.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and water to peach slices. Stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 45-60 minutes, or until peach slices have given off a lot of juice and have cooked down.
- Once slices have cooked down, you can puree it or leave the syrup chunky.