Fresh peach syrup is a simple, 4-ingredient recipe. This easy peach syrup recipe makes a great topping for everything from Greek yogurt to pancakes!
Sometimes it’s hard to get as much fruit as I’d like. So, I try to find ways to add extra fruit and veggies in when I can. One of my favorite ways to do that is to use fruit sauces – like strawberry sauce – and syrups in a variety of ways.
- Fresh peaches: This syrup is a great way to use fresh, ripe peaches during peach season.
- Sugar: I just use regular white sugar. Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar in the syrup depending on your tastes and how ripe your peaches are.
- Fresh lemon juice: The lemon juice helps to add a bit of tart brightness to the syrup.
How to make peach syrup
Step 1: Place peach slices in a sauce pot.
Step 2: Add sugar, lemon juice, and water to peach slices.
Step 3: Stir the peach mixture until the sugar dissolves.
Step 4: Cook over medium-low heat for about 45-60 minutes, or until peach slices have given off a lot of juice and have cooked down.
Step 5: Once slices have cooked down, you can puree it or leave the syrup chunky.
- Sweetness: You may need to adjust the amount of sugar you use depending on your tastes and how ripe the peaches are.
- Blending: An immersion blender is the perfect way to blend the syrup.
- Consistency: Also, if you puree the syrup, it’s more like a thin jam, and if you leave it, it’s like a thicker syrup with small pieces of peach.
Store any leftover peach syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The syrup will keep for up to 7 days when properly stored in the fridge.
If you’d like to store the syrup for longer, store the syrup in a freezer-safe container and freeze. The syrup will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pancakes that go well with this syrup!
If you’ve tried this homemade peach syrup recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
- 6 cups very ripe peach slices
- 1/2-3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place sliced peaches in a sauce pot.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and water to peach slices. Stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 45-60 minutes, or until peach slices have given off a lot of juice and have cooked down to a thick syrup.
- Once slices have cooked down, you can puree it or leave the syrup chunky.
- I leave the skins on the peaches, and they cook down and help to thicken up the syrup a little. Feel free to peel the peaches first if you prefer thinner syrup.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 8/29/12.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!