Easy baked oatmeal recipe! This simple baked oatmeal makes a healthy, hearty portable breakfast that’s perfect for breakfast prep.
Mornings are a busy time (news flash, right?). I love making breakfast that can be made and reheated in the morning. Especially when those breakfasts just happen to taste like an oatmeal cookie.
Baked oatmeal is an easy, tasty solution to breakfast on the go. Just make a batch when you have the time, and this oatmeal reheat very well. So, it’s a great breakfast meal prep option.
How To Make Baked Oatmeal
Whisk eggs, milk, and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk in until combined.
Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish, and bake until set.
How To Store
I wrap individual pieces of baked oatmeal and store them in the fridge. You can also store the pan, covered, in the fridge.
This oatmeal can be frozen. I just wrap the individual pieces in plastic wrap, and then I store the wrapped pieces in a resealable bag.
How To Reheat
I unwrap or uncover the piece of oatmeal and then microwave it until warm.
How To Serve Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal can be served as-is. It’s also great topped with a little bit of milk or cream. The oatmeal can be topped with fresh fruit, nuts, more sugar, or any other desired topping.
More Oatmeal Recipes!
- Overnight Crock Pot Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Overnight Pecan Pie Oatmeal Recipe
- Overnight Crockpot Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Baked Oatmeal
- Breakfast Cookies
If you’ve tried this baked oatmeal recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk1
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar2 packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, eggs, milk and butter, and whisk in until combined.
- Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; stir together.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Skim to whole milk will work. Non-dairy milks such as almond milk will also work.
- The baked oatmeal is lightly sweetened. If you'd like sweeter oatmeal, add an additional 1/4 cup sugar (for a total of 1/2 cup brown sugar).
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Originally published 11/11/12. Updated with new photos and tips 9/23/19.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Delicious!!! I added some dried fruit and coconut and boy did it disappear. will make again.
Thank you! I’m glad that you liked it. Thanks for commenting!
I just made these! So fantastic! I did change it a bit to account for what I had on hand. I was looking for something for my teenage daughter to be able to grab in the morning, since she’s been skipping breakfast. I poked around on Pinterest and found this. Whoo-hoo! Thanks so much! :D
Thanks so much for coming back to tell me that you liked them!! I love to hear that, and I’m so glad you liked them!!! =)
I shared them on my blog :) Have a great day! https://bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com/2013/01/baked-blueberry-oatmeal-cups.html
I’m glad you liked them and shared them! Your pictures look great! =)
Why have I not thought of this before? Such a good idea. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for checking out the recipe! I hope you enjoy it!!