Easy baked oatmeal recipe! This simple baked oatmeal makes a healthy, hearty portable breakfast that’s perfect for breakfast prep.
Mornings are a busy time (news flash, right?). I love making breakfast that can be made and reheated in the morning. Especially when those breakfasts just happen to taste like an oatmeal cookie.
Baked oatmeal is an easy, tasty solution to breakfast on the go. Just make a batch when you have the time, and this oatmeal reheat very well. So, it’s a great breakfast meal prep option.
How To Make Baked Oatmeal
Whisk eggs, milk, and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk in until combined.
Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish, and bake until set.
How To Store
I wrap individual pieces of baked oatmeal and store them in the fridge. You can also store the pan, covered, in the fridge.
This oatmeal can be frozen. I just wrap the individual pieces in plastic wrap, and then I store the wrapped pieces in a resealable bag.
How To Reheat
I unwrap or uncover the piece of oatmeal and then microwave it until warm.
How To Serve Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal can be served as-is. It’s also great topped with a little bit of milk or cream. The oatmeal can be topped with fresh fruit, nuts, more sugar, or any other desired topping.
More Oatmeal Recipes!
- Overnight Crock Pot Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Overnight Pecan Pie Oatmeal Recipe
- Overnight Crockpot Banana Bread Oatmeal
If you’ve tried this baked oatmeal recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk1
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar2 (packed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, eggs, milk and butter, and whisk in until combined.
- Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; stir together.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Skim to whole milk will work. Non-dairy milks such as almond milk will also work.
- The baked oatmeal is lightly sweetened. If you'd like sweeter oatmeal, add an additional 1/4 cup sugar (for a total of 1/2 cup brown sugar).
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 11/11/12. Updated with new photos and tips 9/23/19.