One of my favorite things about the beginning of the year is how full of hope the new year is. It's a great time to think about the upcoming year, to set goals, and to start fresh with things.
One of my goals for the last couple of years has been to increase my family's fruit and veggie intake. There have been two things that I've done that have worked well for us. First, we snack on fruit and veggies more often now. So many items in the produce department make perfect snacks - baby carrots, apples, bananas, oranges, etc.
Second, I add extra fruits and vegetables to our meals when I can. Meals like this Overnight Crock Pot Carrot Cake Oatmeal are the perfect place to add a little extra produce to the meal.
This slow cooker oatmeal is rich and creamy thanks to the combination of the almond milk and the coconut milk. It's also full of good-for-you ingredients like oats, carrots, and raisins.
Best of all, it tastes delicious! The crock pot oatmeal has the spices and flavors of a slice of carrot cake, but it comes in a much healthier form. So, this oatmeal is a perfect way to keep those new year goals.
More crock pot oatmeal recipes!
- Slow Cooker Overnight Pecan Pie Oatmeal
- Overnight Crock Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Overnight Crock Pot German Chocolate Oatmeal
If you’ve tried this overnight crock pot carrot cake oatmeal recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Overnight Crock Pot Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Brown Sugar
- Coconut Flakes
- Chopped Pecans
- Lightly grease the inside of 2 quart slow cooker.
- Add steel cut oats to the slow cooker.
- Stir almond milk, coconut milk, raisins, carrot, and spices together.
- Pour almond milk mixture over oats.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve topped with brown sugar, coconut flakes, and chopped pecans.
- I use the type of coconut milk that comes in a carton in the refrigerated section.
- Nutrition facts are estimates.