Apple cider donut muffins taste just like baked apple cider donuts! This easy mini muffin recipe makes delicious apple cider spice muffins.
Fall brings all sorts of delicious pumpkin and apple treats. One of my favorites is apple cider donuts!
These apple cider donut muffins taste like a donut hole. The muffins are moist and lightly spiced.
They’re also light and fluffy with a buttery cinnamon-sugar coating that makes them extra delicious.
How to make apple cider donut muffins
This is an easy, one-bowl muffin recipe. I recommend mixing it by hand to avoid overmixing the batter.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the apple cider, egg, and vanilla together until combined.
Step 2: Add the brown sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter to a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
Step 3: Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice just until incorporated. Don’t overmix.
Step 4: Divide the batter between the prepared mini muffin tin cups.
Step 5: Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
Step 6: When muffins are cool enough to handle, brush the tops with melted butter.
Step 7: Roll the muffins in cinnamon-sugar.
Step 8: Let the muffins cool on wire cooling rack to room temperature or serve warm.
- It’s important that the apple cider and egg are at room temperature. Using cold cider and a cold egg can cause the butter to clump in the batter.
- I like to use a nonstick baking spray with flour in it when making muffins.
- I use fresh apple cider (the kind in the refrigerated section) for this recipe. I haven’t tried it with shelf-stable cider.
- Apple pie spice is a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove or allspice. Feel free to use cinnamon in place of the apple pie spice if you prefer.
Store any leftover donut muffins in an airtight container at room temperature. The muffins will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored.
More baked donut recipes!
If you’ve tried this apple cider donut muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can subscribe to receive my latest recipe newsletters or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for even more delicious food.
Apple Cider Donut Muffins
- Mini muffin tin
- 1 cup apple cider at room temperatuer
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled, divided
- 2 cups all purpose flour properly measured
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat to 400F. Generously grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the apple cider, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- Whisk in the brown sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter until well-combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple pie spice.
- Whisk in dry ingredients just until incorporated. Don't overmix.
- Divide batter evenly between cups of muffin pans.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, whisk together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- When the muffins are finished baking and are just cool enough to handle, dip tops of muffins in melted butter.
- Roll muffins in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Let muffins cool to room temperature on wire cooling rack.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Can I use a regular muffin pan if I don’t have a mini one?
Hi! I haven’t tried this recipe with a regular muffin tin to say for certain. If you try it, I’d love to hear how it turns out!
Very good! Perfect for a fall day with a cup of cider.
Thanks! So glad that you liked them. =)