This bacon cheeseburger braid is a great busy night dinner, and it’s very kid-friendly.
It’s easy to throw together, and this is a great recipe to let the kids help with.
The braiding step is especially fun for the little ones to assist with.
It also looks pretty fancy once it’s all done. Most importantly, it tastes so good!
More ground beef dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this bacon cheeseburger braid recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Bacon Cheeseburger Braid
- 1 loaf frozen bread thawed
- 1 lb . ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 c . low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 c . barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c . yellow mustard
- 1/4 c . sweet pickles finely diced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 c . shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a greased cookie sheet, roll dough out into a 12x18 rectangle. Cover with greased plastic wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook beef or turkey in a large skillet.
- Once cooked, drain grease from meat.
- Stir together cooked meat, mayo, barbecue sauce, mustard, and pickles.
- Remove plastic wrap from dough. Spread filling over dough down the center of the rectangle.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cheese.
- Cut 6 strips along each side to within 1 ½ - inches of filling and braid over filling. Tuck ends in.
- If sprinkling with sesame seeds, mix together egg and 1 tablespoon water until well combined.
- Brush with egg wash over the top of the braid and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
I make this with ground turkey. I make it with what I have, and I like that I can change it to fit what we have.
Thank you! I’m glad you like it.