Slow cooker dinner rolls are an easy way to make fresh, homemade bread right in your crock pot! No oven necessary, which is perfect for holiday dinner!
Rolls are practically their own food group at our house. I usually make rolls to go along with dinner a couple nights during the week.
There are times when I don’t want to bake rolls in the oven (summer!) or can’t bake them in the oven (holidays!).
And then there are the times when it’s just easier to make Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls and come back in a couple hours for them.
Every time I make these rolls, they are always a hit! The rolls are soft and mildly sweet – a classic dinner roll. And with very little hands-on time, they couldn’t be easier to make!
Give them a try, and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good dinner rolls “baked” in your slow cooker can be!
More slow cooker baking recipes!
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Crisp
If you’ve tried this slow cooker dinner roll recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Dinner Rolls
- 1 1/4 cups warm water about 105 F
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup butter melted, plus extra for brushing the tops of the rolls
- 3-3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Turn slow cooker to "warm". Line with parchment paper and grease parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook (in a large bowl), stir together water, sugar, and yeast.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes, or until foamy.
- Stir in butter, and 2 cups flour and salt.
- Continue adding flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough clings to the hook and clears the side of the bowl. Dough will feel slightly sticky but shouldn't stick to your finger.
- Shape dough into 12-16 rolls, depending on desired size, and add to slow cooker.
- Place a thin cotton towel across the top of the slow cooker and cover. Let rolls sit for 10 minutes.
- Turn to "high", and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, or until edges are light golden brown. My slow cooker doesn't cook evenly, so I rotate my crock halfway through the cooking time.
- If you would like to brown the tops, turn broiler on.
- Brush with tops of rolls with melted butter (about 1 tablespoon), and broil for about 1-2 minutes. Watch the rolls closely because they can go from golden to burnt very quickly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Becky Taylor says
I haven’t made this recipe yet. I am going to try and make hotdog/hamburger buns in my Rival Casserole Slow Cooker. I will let you know how they turn out.
Great! I hope it turns out well for you!
Ruxandra Conecini says
Hello Kate ,
Can I prepare the dough and then freeze it for later? My intention is to bake one role at a time for breakfast.
Hi! You can freeze the dough. I’m not sure how evenly just one roll may bake at a time in a slow cooker, but the dough should freeze just fine!