And this Brown Butter Glazed Banana Bread certainly is yummy! The banana bread itself is soft and moist and almost cake-like.
It’s topped with a rich, buttery glaze that is crazy good. So good that you’ll want to drizzle it over everything – that kind of good.
So, if you find yourself with some overripe bananas over the holiday weekend, do yourself a favor, and make this banana bread!
Brown Butter Glazed Banana Bread
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1/4 c . butter melted
- 1/2 c . granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 T . vanilla
- 1 ½ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . salt
Browned Butter Glaze
- 1/4 c . butter
- 1/2 c . powdered sugar
- 2-3 T . milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan (affiliate link); set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat bananas until mashed.
- Add butter and sugar, and beat until well-combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir in until just incorporated.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the glaze, add butter to a heavy saucepan.
- Cook butter over medium heat until it starts to foam, stirring frequently.
- Stop stirring, and let it continue to cook until amber brown.
- Remove from heat, and stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make glaze desired consistency. If your powdered sugar is lumpy, sifting it will help make the glaze smoother.
- Drizzle over cooled banana bread.