Brown Butter Glazed Banana Bread is a moist banana bread drizzled with a sweet, buttery glaze!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but I’m sharing something that’s decidedly un-Thanksgiving-y today. After all, there’s never a wrong time of year to enjoy a yummy slice or two of banana bread.
And this Brown Butter Glazed Banana Bread certainly is yummy! The banana bread itself is soft and moist and almost cake-like.
It’s topped with a rich, buttery glaze that is crazy good. So good that you’ll want to drizzle it over everything – that kind of good.
So, if you find yourself with some overripe bananas over the holiday weekend, do yourself a favor, and make this banana bread!
If you’ve tried this brown butter glazed banana bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Brown Butter Glazed Banana Bread
Moist banana bread topped with a brown butter glaze
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1/4 c . butter melted
- 1/2 c . granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 T . vanilla
- 1 ½ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . salt
Browned Butter Glaze
- 1/4 c . butter
- 1/2 c . powdered sugar
- 2-3 T . milk
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat bananas until mashed.
- Add butter and sugar, and beat until well-combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir in until just incorporated.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the glaze, add butter to a heavy saucepan.
- Cook butter over medium heat until it starts to foam, stirring frequently.
- Stop stirring, and let it continue to cook until amber brown.
- Remove from heat, and stir in powdered sugar and enough milk to make glaze desired consistency. If your powdered sugar is lumpy, sifting it will help make the glaze smoother.
- Drizzle over cooled banana bread.
*Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition facts per serving (1g)