Garlic knots don't have to be difficult to be delicious! These 30 Minute Garlic Knots are super easy and are made from scratch in just half an hour.
After I started making garlic knots, my son started requesting them all the time.
They're delicious, and we love them, but they take about an hour to make.
All-in-all, not so bad for a yeast recipe. Since dinner time is always chaotic at our house, quick, easy recipes are my friend.
So, I came up with a faster recipe to make garlic knots.
These 30 Minute Garlic Knots are ready - start to finish - in just half an hour. And they taste so good that you'd never guess how easy they are!
If you want to make it a meal, check out my easy homemade pizza dough recipe.
This is a great starter recipe if you've never made anything with yeast before. It's pretty hard to hurt this dough (just don't kill the yeast!).
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy this recipe really is.
And if you'd like a step-by-step tutorial on shaping the knots, check out my video below!
More 30 minute bread recipes!
How-to Shape Knots Video
If you’ve tried this 30 minute garlic knot recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
30 Minute Garlic Knots
- ¼ c . butter
- 1 c . milk
- 2 T. instant yeast
- 1 T. honey
- ½ teaspoon . salt
- 1 large egg
- 3-3 ½ c . all-purpose flour
- 2 T. butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon . Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon . garlic powder
- 3-4 T. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 Line a 9x13-inch rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is mostly melted, stir in milk, and heat mixture to 100-110 F.
- Meanwhile, add yeast and honey to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl if mixing by hand).
- When milk mixture is at temperature, add to yeast and honey; stir to combine.
- Add salt and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in 2 ½ cups of flour.
- Add remaining flour until dough clings to paddle and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Switch to the dough hook, and knead for 2 minutes (or by hand for about 5 minutes).
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 12 knots, and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 9-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- While the knots are baking, prepare the garlic butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for garlic butter.
- After removing the rolls from the oven, brush with garlic butter, sprinkle with cheese if using, and enjoy!
- If you would prefer to use active dry yeast, substitute an equal amount for the instant yeast. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy. Then, continue with the recipe as written.